Good external hard drive

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Ellis Vener
Ellis Vener Forum Pro • Posts: 18,083
Re: Good external hard drive

elektrobank wrote:

Ellis Vener wrote:

I have been using the Samsung T5 and T7 SSDs quite happily since 2015 with zero troubles.

Thanks. Did you notice an improvement in the speed when using Lightroom or whatever photo software you use with these drives?

With the T5 and T7 drives I have not noticed a significant time difference between reading and writing to those or to the computers internal SSD.  The cameras I’ve used most of the time in that period are 42mp and up: In alphabetic order Canon EOS 5DS (50mp) , Nikon D850, Z 7, and Z 7II (45mp) (with lighter use of a Z 6 and the Z 7II  for 4K video, and Sony A7RIII (42mp) , Alpha 1 (50mp)  and A7RIV (60mp).

the computer I’ve been using them with is mid 2015 15” MacBook Pro with a 2TB internal SSD (from macsales.com) and I think 16gb of RAM.

The photography programs I primarily use are PhotoMechanic Plus, Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC, Capture One Pro, and FinalCut Pro X.

-- hide signature --

If you are focused on what equipment you should own or use, you are doing photography wrong.
To see my work, please visit http://www.ellisvener.com
Or on Instagram @EllisVenerStudio

Ellis Vener's gear list:Ellis Vener's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon Z7 II Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Zeiss Batis 40mm F2 CF +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow