First time tennis picture test with the R3 and RF 100-500

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Laci55
Laci55 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,753
First time tennis picture test with the R3 and RF 100-500

From the next Monday I will be an accredited photographer on the Swedish international tennis tournament. I ordered my R3 for quite a time ago together with the RF 400/ 2,8. My R3 arrived a couple of days ago but the RF 400 is still out of the site and I do not think I will get it for the coming tournament. When I got the R3 I bought the RF 100-500 too for the sake of this tournament.  I was very much concerned about this quite "dark" lens with max aperture of 7,1... I begin to be familiar with the R3 and I really love it now. The lens is very capable despite the 7,1 max aperture. Tested it on different things but not on tennis so far. Today I asked some players in my club to allow me to do some tests. Tried the AF 2 and 4 case and both worked extremely well with Auto ISO settings and lingest shutter speed of 1/1000 and 1/2000 sec. My main tennis photography almost alway has been done with a 400/2,8 lens so I was a bit sceptical but for my surprise this combo worked extremely well. The AF is much much better then anything I used before and the lens sharpness is -I would say in my enthusiast- of prime lens class...lol... I am not afraid anymore to take this combo to the competition during the coming 2 weeks...

Here are just some test pictures for the function of this combo... Please do not judge the pictures as "real tennis pictures" because these are just tests...

-- hide signature --

'If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs...' Kipling
www.imaginestudio.se

Laci55's gear list:Laci55's gear list
Canon EOS R Hasselblad X1D II 50C Canon EOS R5 Nikon Z7 II Fujifilm GFX 100S +20 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow