Canon pro 1000 - printing problems after very long shutdown - chroma optimizer?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
lorilinstruth
lorilinstruth New Member • Posts: 6
Canon pro 1000 - printing problems after very long shutdown - chroma optimizer?

Hi everybody,

I just fired up my pro 1000 after a couple of YEARS of no use. (Yes, I know, shouldn't let it stand unused, but I had my reasons )

The ink warnings are low on all tanks, but the nozzle check is perfect except for possibly the chroma optimizer (more on that below).

I've done some test prints and am having trouble with glossy/lustre media. There are vertical bands of weirdness on the left-hand side of the print, not always the same but at around the same place. Matt media (Hahnemuhle Bamboo) prints are perfect, so I think it might be the chroma optimizer. Note that the banding is mostly visible from the light refracting off the gloss/lustre...but there are also very fine vertical stripes as well.

On the nozzle check print I can see 3 vague, hazy vertical stripes in the chroma optimizer square. So my question is...is this likely to be from the tank being low, or possibly from having sat around for two years? I hesitate to replace the tank unless that's likely to be the issue. Example image is (canon pro lustre A4).

See vertical bands on left side of image...shot with my phone...please ignore the garish colors!

I have a full set of new IOM ink tanks ready to go, but would sure love to squeeze out some more prints before I have to install 400 Euros worth of ink. Also want to avoid a cleaning cycle if that's not likely to be the problem, since those hog up so much ink. Apart from these weird bands, the prints look perfect!

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Cheers,

Lori

lorilinstruth's gear list:lorilinstruth's gear list
Sony a6600 Sony E 16-55mm F2.8 G
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow