Nikon D500 vs Sony a7r IV

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
argupov New Member • Posts: 3
Nikon D500 vs Sony a7r IV

Hello.

Since I started in photography I have been using Nikon for nature photography. For a few years now I've been wearing a Nikon D500 with a sigma 150-600 C, and for a while now I've been wanting to change equipment for two main reasons: the camera is extremely noisy when shooting bursts, even with silent mode on; on the other hand, sometimes it produces a little more noise than I would like. Looking at the panorama of mirrorless cameras, Nikon has clearly lagged behind its competitors, and with prices that are certainly high. That is why I am thinking of changing brands, and in this case, I have investigated Sony. I need several fairly important requirements: (1) that the camera has a silent burst; (2) capable of taking photos in APS-C format with 20 mpx or more; (3) have an acceptable ISO range. With these points, I have come to look at the Sony a7r IV, since it has a good burst, the possibility of photographing in APS-C with 26 mpx and the iso range is what has me intrigued. Can someone who has used both cameras tell me if there is a small or big difference between them? Which is better in low light and bright light conditions? I would greatly appreciate the opinion of someone experienced.

Many thanks.

Nikon D500 Sony a7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow