The biggest disappointment of Z30

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
evaeva0705 Regular Member • Posts: 106
The biggest disappointment of Z30

I think the camera itself is quite decent. I am also happy that Nikon insists on providing good ergonomics and build quality even for its most entry-level Z camera.

What really disappoints me is that Z30 still uses the old subject tracking system. I thought Nikon could have taken this opportunity to work on new firmwares that enable 3D tracking on the older Expeed6 processor. But this does not happen. So it seems Z6/Z6ii/Z7/Z7ii will never get 3D tracking.

I think for the 1st generation Z it is fine ,since they have received many big updates and the AF capacity has improved drastically, but for the 2nd generation Z cameras with dual Expeed6 processors, it  is quite a shame that they don't get much support despite being just 2 years old.

evaeva0705's gear list:evaeva0705's gear list
Sony a7R II Sony a7R IIIA Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 Zeiss Batis 135mm F2.8
Nikon Z30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow