Best raincover for Canon R5?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nurf Regular Member • Posts: 276
Best raincover for Canon R5?

I used to use those plastic tubes with two openings for my 5D series cameras.

On opening for the lens, rest attached at the bottom of the camera with the tripod screw and a small opening for the optical viewfinder, locked in with the removable eyepiece.

So lens and viewfinder were clear to use and watertight.

The R5 does not have a removeable eyecover, so I can't attach an opening in the raincover there. So it would have to be at good transparency level (even after its crumpled) that I can work through the cover with the viewfinder.

Another R5 problem, the cover is triggering the proximity sensor, so no automatic switching between monitor and viewfinder.

Rest still the same maybe even a bag with a front opening only would be good, my strap is attached outside with the tripod mount, so this does not need to go through the cover.

What are people using today?

nurf's gear list:nurf's gear list
Canon EOS M6 II Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM +4 more
Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow