Whale Watching, Vancouver CA... what lenses to take ?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
cocoanud
cocoanud Contributing Member • Posts: 652
Whale Watching, Vancouver CA... what lenses to take ?

Hi,

I may have the opportunity to be on a Whale Watching boat ride in Vancouver.

Since I will be travelling on a budget airline to Canada I am trying to keep the baggage to minimum.

Initially I was thinking just taking the R6 + RF 24-105L + 430EX Speedlite but that was when Whale Watching was not in the itinerary. The R6 + RF 24-105L + Speedlite will fit easily in a Mirrorless Mover 30i and is unobtrusive and easy carry.

I can rent longer lenses such as RF 100-400 or EF 100-400 L II but just wanted to know from people in the know that do I need to make space for a longer lens ? Having seen some of the videos on YouTube about those tours seems like a 100-400 may not even be necessary as the boats go pretty close.

I could bring the RF 24-240 which will give me more reach but that lens is not weather sealed.

Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions please ?

-- hide signature --

C

cocoanud's gear list:cocoanud's gear list
Canon EOS M6 II Canon EOS R6 Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II +8 more
Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Ali
Ali
Ali
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow