Whale Watching, Vancouver CA... what lenses to take ?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
cocoanud
cocoanud Contributing Member • Posts: 655
Whale Watching, Vancouver CA... what lenses to take ?

Hi,

I may have the opportunity to be on a Whale Watching boat ride in Vancouver.

Since I will be travelling on a budget airline to Canada I am trying to keep the baggage to minimum.

Initially I was thinking just taking the R6 + RF 24-105L + 430EX Speedlite but that was when Whale Watching was not in the itinerary. The R6 + RF 24-105L + Speedlite will fit easily in a Mirrorless Mover 30i and is unobtrusive and easy carry.

I can rent longer lenses such as RF 100-400 or EF 100-400 L II but just wanted to know from people in the know that do I need to make space for a longer lens ? Having seen some of the videos on YouTube about those tours seems like a 100-400 may not even be necessary as the boats go pretty close.

I could bring the RF 24-240 which will give me more reach but that lens is not weather sealed.

Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions please ?

-- hide signature --

C

cocoanud's gear list:cocoanud's gear list
Canon EOS M6 II Canon EOS R6 Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II +8 more
Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow