Is PPA worth it?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sirhawkeye64 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,447
Is PPA worth it?

So over the past year, I've been introduced to PPA a few times by various people.

Is the insurance offered by PPA (both for gear and liability) worth the monthly/annual cost? Right now I'm using a part of my renter's insurance policy for my gear (covered under a Valuable Personal Property plan) which is around $15 per month but doesn't include liability. Just wondering if PPA is worth it. I know there are other benefits with the PPA subscriptions but wanted to know if people felt there was enough value for me to pay them ~$25 per month versus my insurance company.

I don't really shoot professionally, or paid work for that matter, but I do run a photo group and periodically we do rent venues.  So far, most have not required any type of liaiblity insurance, but some have and that has caused me not to be able to rent those venues as a result.  (I would just run the photo group as a business if needed if the liability insurance from PPA made sense and was worth it.)

-- hide signature --

NOTE: If I don't reply to a direct comment in the forums, it's likely I unsubscribed from the thread/article..

sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z7 II GoPro Hero8 Black Nikon AP-F 70-300mm F4.5-5.6E Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 +10 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow