OM-1 cannot shoot hi-res mode and off-camera flash

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
L Pritchard New Member • Posts: 13
OM-1 cannot shoot hi-res mode and off-camera flash

Has anyone encountered issues while using Hi-Res mode and off-camera flash on the new OM-1? I have not been able to get my OM-1 to shoot with any of the high res settings and  off-camera flash at the same time. According to the manual this should be possible.

I confirmed that the trigger and off-camera flash do work in other modes like P,M,A,S and TTL, just not with high res. And the camera shoots in all hi res modes without the flash.

I'm using a Flashpoint R2 Pro trigger and Godox flashes. The OM-1 actually triggers the flash unit for each of the 8 shots in the high res sequence, plus each shot in the sequence appears on the LCD/EVF. That should confirm that the camera communicates with the flash in hi-res mode. But then the camera fails to composite the high res image. It also doesn't show the progress bar that normally indicates that the camera is working on it. It doesn't even save a normal resolution jpeg.

I have the camera set to high res tripod mode, 2 sec charge time (more than enough for the flash), I'm using a fast card (Lexar SDXC V60 UHSii 128GB 250MB/s), there's no movement in the shot, updated firmware to 1.2, and I have set Silent Modes to allow flash.

This is confusing me because I am able to use my older EM1m2 to shoot high res in P,M,A,S modes, and with the flash set to either manual or TTL. It's surprising that the much more powerful OM-1 can't do it. I love the features and capabilities of this camera but I have to admit that the failure to combine high res with off camera flash is a huge disappointment for me. Perhaps some photographers won''t find this to be a big deal, but I sure do.

I've been working with OM System tech support for a week trying to figure this out. No success so far. If anyone has experienced this and/or can offer ideas to troubleshoot, that would be great. Thanks.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow