Sony A1 USB-C port durability with repeated usage

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Joe Tam Senior Member • Posts: 1,422
Re: Sony A1 USB-C port durability with repeated usage

The hotspot method will drain your phone and doesn't send to Transfer and Tagging app which I need for captioning.  Thanks, though.

f1point4andbethere wrote:

Joe Tam wrote:

Hi, how does a1 ftp without persistent wifi connection? Seems this would be ideal in a studio environment with wifi router. My phone hotspot goes to sleep after some inactivity.

Additionally Sony designed Imaging Edge and Transfer and Tag to work together. Transfer and Tag app DOES NOT allow you access to camera roll photos from Imaging Edge so are the images using your method send to camera roll?

f1point4andbethere wrote:

Just setup an ftp server app on your phone and leave it running. Configure your A1 to send the jpegs automatically to that ftp and you’ll be golden. It might seem liked a small hassle getting it setup, but trust me, once you get it up and running the first time, you’ll be so amazed by how fast, reliable, and effortless it is that you’ll be laughing at yourself for ever wanting to constantly connect a usb cable.

Watch this video and follow the directions: https://youtu.be/AS3kzvKcXZg

The way I have it setup, I don’t use any Sony apps on the phone. Anytime my camera and phone are both on and near other, the camera will connect to the ftp and send jpeg files automatically as I shoot.

Joe Tam's gear list:Joe Tam's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a7R IV Sony a1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 400mm f/2.8G ED VR II +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow