Is there any software (or other solution) to locate original RAW files for edited JPEGs and copy?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
itfcsam
OP itfcsam Junior Member • Posts: 44
Re: Is there any softwareto locate original RAW files

kelpdiver wrote:

itfcsam wrote:

I've not renamed the files. They're just the photo name off the camera. So like DSC008331 or something along those lines.

If you haven't renamed the files, then the potential for scripted solutions using power shell or cygwin becomes a lot easier.

create text file "goodlist" with list of 862 desired images. No .jpg extension.

for jpegs in `cat goodlist`

do

find / -name "$jpegs.CR2" -exec cp {} /home/me/goodraws \;

done

This searches the entire directory structure (what ever drive you're on) for filename.CR2, then copies it to goodraws dir in your homedirectory. Create it first. You can rerun for each drive letter.

CR2 is for Canon. Use suitable raw extension for your needs. This is case sensitive on unix, possibly not in windows space.

Thankyou Kelpdiver.

Have been having a play but I'm not too clued up on scripts and things so have created the text file with the filenames. 
Have tried the script, with my own directory, and .ARW for my Sony RAWs but keep getting errors. Probably something simple.

itfcsam's gear list:itfcsam's gear list
Sony a77 II Sony SLT-A37 Sony a99 II Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow