Petition going around for a SONY Fx3 V2.0 Update.. Check it out please

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Andrew Kuttor New Member • Posts: 3
Petition going around for a SONY Fx3 V2.0 Update.. Check it out please

Since the FX3's release there has been quite a few major updates to other cameras in the Sony Alpha Universe.

Two major ones however were the V2.0 Firmware Update for the Fx6 and the mirrorless firmware improvements implemented in the A7iV.

Because of that I think we are overdue for an update.

Now, I believe that Sony should probably separate the Fx3 and the A7s3 a bit, and specialize those two cameras more.

Because of that I believe it would be in Sony's best interest to provide a major v2.0 update for the Sony FX3 -- at the same time making it a stronger contender to it's competitors in the same price range, I.E. Panasonic Gh6, Fuji X-H2S, and the Canon R5C while also making the camera a better B-Cam to it's bigger brothers the Fx6 and Fx9.

I absolutely do not want to cannibilize Sony's more expensive cameras, but what to encourage an update that would provide a good reason to have FX6 and Fx9 owners to purchase an FX3, or vice versa.

That said, an petition was created 2 weeks ago. It has made the rounds of the FX3 Facebook Groups, also Sony Alphas Twitter page and their Alpha Cinema team were both made aware of the petition.

and.... we are getting some good movement on it! Already at 250 signatures.

As such, I am posted here to bring awareness to the petition and hoping to get more of you on board!

P.S. there have been talks with ambassadors and a decision maker at Sony.

When you read over the petition know that it was carefully crafted. The suggestions within it tailored so that it wouldn't become overpowered, and also so it wouldn't affect the sales of the other cameras, while also suggesting features, upgrades, and fixes that wouldn't have increased the price of the camera at sale.

here is the petition link at CHANGE.ORG. If you don't trust the link, understand but you can also search for it there too.
Thank you.

-- hide signature --

Request for Vā€‹.ā€‹2ā€‹.ā€‹0 Firmware Update for Sony FX3

https://chng.it/qnn759Xw

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow