X-Pro3 LCD Issues?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
deepsun
deepsun Forum Member • Posts: 75
X-Pro3 LCD Issues?

Recently picked up a used X-Pro3 and joined some Facebook groups for the X-Pro line. It seems like I've seen a handful of posts around the sub monitor and main LCD eventually failing because the ribbon cable begins to break with normal use.

Am I just overblowing this issue and applying some confirmation bias? I know that people who don't have the LCD issue obviously aren't posting. But it seems like it's a design issue and that if it's going to happen it can't be avoided.

At this point, since I bought the camera used and it's out of warranty, I'm feeling compelled to get rid of it before I start having issue and have to shell out several hundred dollars to get it fixed. Right now, both the sub monitor and main LCD on my camera are perfectly fine and the ribbon cable (when I examine it from the bottom of the camera) looks fine.

Is that crazy? Is this issue only happening to some X-Pro3s? I do enjoy this camera but the idea of both screens failing because of a design flaw is souring it for me a bit. Maybe I'm overthinking it.

deepsun's gear list:deepsun's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow