Borrowlenses still in business?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Marty Us New Member • Posts: 18
Borrowlenses still in business?

Is Borrowlenses still in business? In May, Borrowlenses cancelled my lens rental order, sending me the cancellation email the day the lens was to arrive - Friday for a weekend commitment, leaving no time to find another source for the specialty lens (rental or purchase). A big inconvenience, but I was able to work around not having this lens.

The reason they gave was "While we made every attempt possible, we regretfully have to cancel your order due to unforeseen circumstances with our ordering systems." and they included "We will reach out to you in the coming days with a rental credit as an apology for the trouble."

After a month not hearing anything from Borrowlenses, I reached out to get the status on my credit - the response I got back was "Thank you so much for writing in and I am sorry for our delayed response. We strive to provide the best possible service, but due to our website and ordering system change over we were unable to fulfill your order and unfortunately had to cancel it. We are extremely sorry for the issues and frustration that we have caused. As mentioned in a previous email we will be reaching out to you with a voucher to use towards a future rental, but until we have more confidence in our ability to handle the volume we are holding off on sending that code."

I have some lens rental needs this summer and I am not certain how to interpret their comment "... until we have more confidence in our ability to handle the volume...". Leaves me concerned about renting anything from them - that they will end up cancelling again with no notice if they can't "handle the volume" that day/week.

Has anyone rented recently from Borrowlenses?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow