Alpha 1, Lightroom and HEIF, small and medium lossless compressed

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dperez Regular Member • Posts: 493
Alpha 1, Lightroom and HEIF, small and medium lossless compressed

PC, Windows 11 Pro, Lightroom 11.4...

I don't see this anywhere, but can somebody speak to the different formats the A1 is getting that Adobe seems to have NO idea how to handle?

I'm not planning on SHOOTING HEIF, but Lightroom doesn't see it at all, and Bridge can show it but you can't edit them.

I JUST tried shooting a series of images in medium Lossless compressed, and Lightroom or Bridge doesn't even recognize them.

I looked online but didn't see anything from Sony OR Adobe.

I wound up opening them in the Image Edge viewer and outputting them to .TIF files.  There wasn't even option to convert them to .dng files.

Is Adobe typically REALLY slow to support Sony, if ever?  'Cause even after all these years it looks like Sony STILL isn't supported to tether directly into Lightroom.  But, there may be some direct method that's as simple as my D850 that I'm not aware of..  And yeah, I'm aware of the "watched folder" thing.

dperez's gear list:dperez's gear list
Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Sony FE 200-600 F5.6-6.3 +1 more
Nikon D850 Sony a1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow