Photographer Licensing Agreements

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Modern Exposure Studio New Member • Posts: 1
Photographer Licensing Agreements

Good morning everyone,

I started selling my work last September locally at art shows and online, and have been working with a few members of a local business. The business (a financial firm) has contacted me about doing all the photo work for their website to update the look. They want one photo from our immediate area for each season, and potentially family shots of each adviser in the office (7 families total.)

I’ve never done work for someone like this, and have some questions as it pertains to charging them and whether it’s a work for fire or not. I’ve looked into licensing agreements, and it appears to me, that in the state of Maryland this wouldn’t constitute a work for hire, and therefore I could retain the copyright to the images unless otherwise stated in the licensing agreement. I have my prices set for travel, research time, and editing time. I have absolutely zero idea how to even go about coming up with a price for the photos being used for 12 months.

What I’m thinking is to look at their site traffic and depending how high/low that is use that info to make a base price, and then lock it in as a 12 months contractual agreement where they get X numbers of images every 3 months to choose from. They choose 1 image, and that remains up until the next season, when X more photos are to be chosen from.

Am I approaching this correctly or is there a lot I’m missing, that I’m not thinking of?

Thank you all so much!

Jeremy Gibson

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow