battery grip for R7?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
R2D2 Forum Pro • Posts: 26,263
Re: battery grip for R7?

PicPocket wrote:

R2D2 wrote:

PicPocket wrote:

curlyone wrote:

They did it on purpose, to protect their higher end camera sales, like the R3 and R1 .

I haven't seen many people who would bump up their purchase from a $1500 crop camera to a $6500 FF one because of a grip. I know people want a grip, but let's get a grip on the reasoning we come up on Canons behalf

Not just for the grip, but there’s a whole list of stuff that the R5 gets that the R7 doesn’t. It’s how Canon operates.

And a whole lot of money to get the extras? I'm glad they operate in a way that makes sense. This is how things usually work. It would be bizarre if they sold 2 identical cameras at different price points

Yup.  Canon knew of course that the R7 was going to present a serious challenge to the R5 (esp for the focal-length limited crowd), and needed to create some space (differentiation) between the two offerings.  Indeed there’s still plenty of reasons for many shooters to opt for the R5 (battery grip being just one).  

R2

-- hide signature --

Good judgment comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgment.
http://www.pbase.com/jekyll_and_hyde/galleries

R2D2's gear list:R2D2's gear list
Canon EOS M6 Canon EOS M6 II Canon EOS R5 Canon EOS R6 Canon EOS R7 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
amm
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow