P7500 on its way...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Keith Cooper
OP Keith Cooper Veteran Member • Posts: 3,139
Firmware update

hac48 wrote:

Keith, you should be sure to update the firmware on the P7500 to the latest version available on the Epson UK website. A new firmware was just made available last week in the UK. It's unclear exactly what changes Epson made to the firmware, but supposedly it addresses the issues with the roll paper tearing off the core. Unclear about head strikes, which have plagued these printers with heavier weight fine art papers like the Epson Legacy Platine.

Thanks - I'll check this. I may already have it, since part of my setup of a new review machine is to check firmware.

In my 'stock' [from past printer reviews] I found a whole 24" roll of Fotospeed Platinum Art Fibre Gloss 300.

It's a 400um paper which handles like thin card. The suggested media setting is PremSG...

https://fotospeed.com/amfile/file/download/file/81/product/332/

Not unsurprisingly the head touched it at first use. So I created a custom media based on PremSG but with 400um as the thickness, and the vacuum increased slightly.

This is what I used for profiling and it works perfectly

I'll be including this process in a short video about custom media..

-- hide signature --

bye for now
Keith Cooper

Keith Cooper's gear list:Keith Cooper's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow