For indoor sports, R6 or R7?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RickardE New Member • Posts: 18
For indoor sports, R6 or R7?

Would like to start of by excusing me for a combination of bad english and bad knowledge about cameras

So I'm just a hobbyist that has been shooting some standard vacation and portrait-photos up until a year ago. That's when I started shooting some Crossfit and Weightlifting-competitions for fun.
And until I started doing so my eos M50 has been more than capable(for my level) but when I started taking picture of fast moving atheletes in these badly lit gyms my pictures always comes out either quite noisy or very blurry/smudgey(not as sharp as I would like).
I bought a Tamron 24-70 2,8(and borrowed a canon 70-200 2,8) with a Viltrox speedboster that helped quite a bit the result still isn't as good as I hoped.

So now I'm think about totaly crashing my bank account by upgrading either to an R7 or an R6 and before I do I really need your guys help to make the right decision

I know that the R6 handles the low lightning better than the R7 and that probably is the way to go in that regard but how about the autofocus?
Is the autofocus better on the R7 than the R6? In that case... Is it so much better that maybe that will be a better option?

And since I don't really understand everyhing about cameras... Are both the R6 and R7 gonna be an upgrade from my M50 (Mark I)?
Thanks!

Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M) Canon EOS R6 Canon EOS R7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow