battery grip for R7?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
RDM5546
RDM5546 Senior Member • Posts: 3,601
Re: battery grip for R7?

PicPocket wrote:

curlyone wrote:

They did it on purpose, to protect their higher end camera sales, like the R3 and R1 .

I haven't seen many people who would bump up their purchase from a $1500 crop camera to a $6500 FF one because of a grip. I know people want a grip, but let's get a grip on the reasoning we come up on Canons behalf

My belief is that Canon felt including the wiring for the grip for power and signal buttons like found in the other grips would increase the size of the camera body.   I have the EOS R and R5 along with the R7 which is a cute little body yet it still has that excellence in the "Canon Grip" when hold the body.

My big hands reach all the buttons no difficult.   This is sharp contrast to some other brands of camera body I have used.   In my view the Canon feel holding the camera is best followed by Nikons as close second best.   How a camera feels to hold and shoot matters a lot to me and my joy of photography.

RDM5546's gear list:RDM5546's gear list
Canon RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1L IS USM Canon G5 X II Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV +47 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
amm
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow