Which upgrade? R6, RF 24-70mm F/2.8 L or neither?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mjombly New Member • Posts: 14
Which upgrade? R6, RF 24-70mm F/2.8 L or neither?

Looking for wisdom from this community. I've been having great fun with my EOS RP and getting more photos that I love than I ever did with my 70D. I'm ready to invest a bit extra to take things to the next level.

Current kit:
EOS RP
RF 24-105MM f/4L
RF 16mm F/2.8
RF 50mm F/1.8
Samyang RF 85mm F/1.4 (this might be my favourite!)
EF 70-200mm F/2.8 L IS II

Godox V860iii
Godox Xpro-c

I do more shooting inside, plus I live in the UK so sunny weather is by no means a given. Most of my shooting is candid shots of family and events, all strictly amateur. I don't often have time to consider background so narrow depth of field is a definite bonus.

So the question, which of the above would give me the best improvement?

Sell the RP and buy the R6: Better low light, IBIS, faster shutter speed, faster burst mode, plus faster/better autofocus. (2 card slots is not really a big selling point, bigger battery might help but I've never run out on RP before I could charge it)

Sell the RF 24-105mm and buy the RF 24-70mm: Faster, people always say invest in glass before bodies. I often find myself shooting the 24-105mm at 105mm so worry I would miss the extra reach. Also wonder if I'll still end up using the primes in low light.

Or neither - just get better at using what I already have.

Cost of both upgrades is similar.

The 28-70mm is out of budget and too big to be practical for me to carry round I think.

Would appreciate any advice or personal experiences!

Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow