Real Estate Photography image rights

Started Mar 24, 2022 | Discussions thread
ampimagedotcom Senior Member • Posts: 1,370
Re: In exchange for...

Michael Fryd wrote:

ampimagedotcom wrote:

Generally, it would be called the "contract" between the two parties.

Okay, so a "Work Made for Hire" agreement that isn't actually one because it does not fall into the “Work Made for Hire” category, is called a "contract" between the two parties... in the USA.

I am not commenting on whether or not your proposed definition would be a better one. I am just pointing out that your proposal is not consistent with the definition of the term in US Copyright law.

You said: ".. it is not a "Work Made for Hire," even if there was a "Work Made for Hire" agreement." - so I asked you "what do 'you guys' call it?" then -  to which you replied "it would be called the "contract" between the two parties."

Which is what I thought a 'Work Made for Hire' agreement was too - but anyway, now I'm trying to figure out what my "proposed definition" was, because all I originally said was:

Rather than say "is why they hired you to take the photos in the first place", I would say this is why they (asked you and agreed beforehand to) paid you for the Rights to use your images after you created them.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow