Goodwood Festival of Speed action

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Paul_R_H Senior Member • Posts: 1,121
Goodwood Festival of Speed action

Hi

Dozens of pro photographers were there of course, so you will always find better shots on the web. But I wanted to test C-AF on the K3-iii and practice my panning technique (which requires no AF as the subject is mostly parallel to the lens and you;re on a low shutter speed so have lots of DoF).

Would have used just the K3-iii but it has an odd focussing issue with wide-angle lenses that Pentax service UK are working on. So I put my DA16-85 on my K3 ii and the 55-300PLM on the K3 iii. Amazed at the AF capacity of the latter combo.

Here's a fast car going fast towards me. I'd say 60mph-plus. The lens followed focus from way before the corner apex (by the AA banner) to this point. At wide-open aperture. It then tracked the car going away from me. Select-point-small-expanded with C-AF and medium drive speed.

Anyway, a tiny fragment from a day when I took 1000+  photos and got an amazingly high proportion of them sharp.

Paul

Same with this one

Here's the driver of the 2000HP electric Rimac having a laugh. One corner…

and the next…

The variety at the event is wonderful. Another Aston Martin, very different from the above:

Bentley Blower official continuation car:

A bit of CanAm, the great M8:

One-off electric Transit:

Hydrogen racer:

Prodrive BRX rally-raid car:

Lancia 037. I love these:

Toyota's Dakar winner:

Ferrari paddock::

the sharknose:

Red Arrows

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow