How do you change between manual and TTL flash

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SteB
SteB Veteran Member • Posts: 4,547
How do you change between manual and TTL flash

I've just got an Olympus EM-5 mkIII and a 700WR Flash. The flash is set to TTL off the camera. But every time I attach the flash to the camera, and switch both on, the flash sets itself to M, manual, and it is impossible to change the flash mode to TTL mode. The mode setting on the flash does nothing, and I can find no way of changing the flash mode on camera, which similarly does not respond to me trying to change the flash mode. I've gone through the manuals, and can't find how to do it.

Please note, I am a very experienced photographer. I've mainly been shooting Canon for the last 12 years, but used to shoot Olympus 4/3, not m4/3 and first started using an OM film SLR system over 40 years ago. It is the most baffling thing I have ever experienced, as neither camera of flash respond to me trying to change the flash mode.

I am utterly baffled, so any help would be appreciated? I can only think that someone I've done in the camera set up has locked it in to manual mode, or that something is faulty.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow