Question to R7 and 18-150mm owners

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KLO82 Senior Member • Posts: 1,488
Question to R7 and 18-150mm owners

Can you turn off in-camera "distortion correction" for 18-150mm? Or that option is grayed out/ not accessible for this lens? I'm asking because grayed-out distortion correction would mean that the lens has huge distortion like the 24-240mm and 24-105mm STM and is unusable without it.

Another question to R7 users who also have fast glasses. In the special scene modes, if you choose "Portrait" and/ or "Kids" what's the usual aperture chosen by the camera with fast glass (like f1.4 or f1.8 lenses.) This may sound like a weird question, but I just want to understand how Canon programs these cameras. I know that with FF cameras if you select "portrait" or "kids", the usual chosen aperture is f2.8 (and sometimes f3.2). I just want to know if for APS-C camera Canon choose the same f-number, or they take equivalence into consideration and choose a faster f-number.

KLO82's gear list:KLO82's gear list
Canon EOS RP Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro
Canon EOS R7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow