Left Weighted S1?

Started Jun 24, 2022 | Discussions thread
Pete_W
Pete_W Veteran Member • Posts: 3,742
Re: Left Weighted S1?

Tom Caldwell wrote:

Pete_W wrote:

Tom Caldwell wrote:

Other things being equal (more or less) it leaves me wondering if there are heavy internal components clustered in the left hand side of the S1/S1R camera body.

Maybe a heat sink?

It is not really worrying me Pete, but maybe there is a service manual or some other source that would show the internal construction of the camera body?

Maybe I have weak wrists in the rotational direction?

In any case perhaps some of the 'too large" comments about the S1/S1R were unknowingly about this 'rotation' feel as much as the 'too large' feel?

Furthermore the apparent delight with the S5 might be as much the mimic of the very pleasant and very balanced feel of the G9?

Yes, I guess the weight is somewhat a personal thing.

I went out for a long walk yesterday with my G95 and two lenses - the 12-305/f2.8 and 35-100/f2.8. Such a light weight kit.

The G95 is almost identical in size to my S5 although the S5 is a few hundred grams heavier and the S lenses are considerably heavier.

I feel some fatigue after holding the S5 for a while with 24-105mm lens mounted, less so with the smaller 20-60mm kit lens mounted but then my shoulder gets sore because the 24-105mm is in my shoulder bag!

So I'm definitely not getting an S1!

-- hide signature --

Pete

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow