Any love for the X-S10 for hiking?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Alan_Hogg Regular Member • Posts: 122
Any love for the X-S10 for hiking?

Greetings People,

I am considering upgrading my X-E3 to the X-S10 to take advantage of in-body stabilisation, primary when using primes. I mainly take photos whilst multi-day bushwalking where weight is critical. Although I find zooms are far more useful when on paths or tracks where movement is constrained, I have found that primes offer better resolution. Although I guess it is pixel peeping, I like be able to see detail in the photos — vegetation for example. And I know many people consider the 16-55/f2.8 zoom is as sharp as equivalent primes, but I owned the big zoom for a year and found the weight just too much, particularly on the smaller bodies and given the marginal improvement in sharpness over my lighter and smaller 18–55/f2.8-4 lens.

I have not seen many posts on the X-S10 and wondered what people think of it? I guess that where weight is not a major concern, that the heavier X-T or X-H bodies may be preferred, but with a 17–20 kg pack on, these are not an option for me.

Any comments would be much appreciated.

-- hide signature --

Alan Hogg,
Hamilton, New Zealand.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow