D5 XQD card

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MoreCowbell Regular Member • Posts: 367
D5 XQD card

I had an opportunity to purchase a 3000 actuation Nikon D5 for significantly below market and am having to educate myself on a memory card format to which I have not previously paid any attention. Unfortunately, it is the dual XQD card variety.

We have two D850's but don't need fast cards so I never got around to purchasing one of the significantly more expensive XQD cards. I note that the D5 was originally issued to use XQD, which seems to have been replaced by something even more expensive.

My normal procedure would have been just to order a handful of Sandisk 32 gb cards in the lowest tier and press on, but apparently that option is not available for the D5

So what's the best choice to put reliable 32 GB memory cards in a D5 without taking out a loan   At a casual glance it looks like I'd be better off having Nikon convert the camera to CF slots if they still offer that service.

Nikon D5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow