My personal (Pre-use) R7 dislikes

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Leigh A. Wax Senior Member • Posts: 1,522
My personal (Pre-use) R7 dislikes

The two most disappointing aspects of the R7, IMO, are:

(One): Locating the On/Off Switch on the right top, which has been traditionally upper left side of the Canon camera's, even though there is ample blank space on the left.

(Two): The absence of the Secondary Control Dial, as on the R5, where the On/Off switch now resides on the R7.

The R5’s configuration is ideal for Manual users, as with the Secondary Control Dial set to control ISO, and the Main, & Primary Control dials in their traditional function of setting Shutter-speed, and Aperture, all three manual exposure parameters could be controlled quickly, and easily with the fingers of one hand.

On the R7 the only dial that can be configured to adjust ISO is the Lens Control Dial, a far more awkward scenario.

I suspect some of the R7’s control functions will be met with the same enthusiasm—or lack thereof of the R’s infamous Touch Sensitive M-Fn bar!  

Above is IMO--- Feel free to disagree.   

Canon EOS R5 Canon EOS R7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow