An Afternoon at Nickerson Beach

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Morris0
Morris0 Forum Pro • Posts: 26,920
An Afternoon at Nickerson Beach

When I met my friend on his first visit to Nickerson Beach and asked him what he thought he responded "Wow, I don't know which way to look as there is so much going on." This is the perfect description of a photoshoot at Nickerson Beach from Mid March through late October. Tens of thousands of shore birds nest on this beach on one of many barrier islands off Long Island which is it's self a barrier island. Many of the islands have restricted access yet this one is very special as it's both a bathing beach and wildlife preserve. The dunes and nesting areas are roped off this time of year yet it's easy to take photos from the edges of the nesting area as well as all over the beach as there are birds and chicks everywhere. This set starts about two hours before sunset and continues till about 30 minutes after. I'm posting a total of 16 images in two parts and hope your enjoy seeing these photos.

1) American Oystercatcher with breaking wave

2) Common Tern

3) Oystercatchers and bathers

4) American Oystercatchers and Common Tern

5) Mom and chick take a nap

6) Camouflaged American Oystercatcher takes cover

7) American Oystercatcher and sand castle

8) Black Skimmer brings a fish to it's nesting mate - Part 2 follows immediately

Part 2 follows as a reply to this post

Morris0's gear list:Morris0's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR XF 90mm Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR Nikon 500mm F5.6E PF +12 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow