I don't need no stinkin' OM-1 ;-)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
brentbrent Veteran Member • Posts: 5,606
I don't need no stinkin' OM-1 ;-)

But I did just purchase an absolutely pristine E-M1 III for what I think is a great price on eBay. I bought it from a guy who bought it in 2021 (~6500 shutter count) and was selling it because he recently purchased two OM-1s. So yeehaw for all the folks who DOneed an OM-1, 'cause it's created a great trickle down benefit.

Seriously, I've been wanting to try an Oly MFT body for a long time, so I'm happy to have finally jumped in. It is rather svelte compared to my G9, particularly in the grip. The ergonomics seem fine to me so far (except for the on/off switch on the wrong side!), EVF is good, and I like that the joystick moves diagonally and so quickly.

Now I need to buckle down and spend some time figuring out how to set it up. I'm interested to see how much trouble my old brain has with the notorious Oly menus.

First shots:

-- hide signature --

Brent

brentbrent's gear list:brentbrent's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 +27 more
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow