Trial of 7Artisans 28/5.6

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Spunky8 Senior Member • Posts: 1,046
Trial of 7Artisans 28/5.6

Hello:

I've been a street shooter for many years and, for the most part, I've used auto focus in pursuing my subjects.

Recently, however, I decided to give zone-focus a try.  I used to use zone-focus back in te film days, but not since I converted to digital.

I read about the newly released 7Artisans 28/5.6 lens and thought I'd give it a try.  I purchased the lens from B&H and today was the first day of B&H's 30-day trial period.  Today was a fool-around day, just shooting stuff and people at a quick pace to see if the lens might work for me.  Nothing serious, just fun.

I like the lens.  It's very small, very discreet and has a perfect aperture range for street zone-focus shooting.  I took some initial shots using a stucco wall and the images, shot at f11, were sharp across the frame with minimal vignetting (the lens was mounted on my SonyA7riii).

What I really like about the lens is that it's images and colors are vintage.  A rough street feel that I like.

I post this solely to clue in potential zone shooters that this might work for them.

Spunky8's gear list:Spunky8's gear list
Sony RX1R II Fujifilm XF10 Sony a7R III Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow