No Wait B&H Nikon Z9 Order Yesterday On Their Website, Which I Got Today (Without Pre-order or NPS)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
woeger
woeger New Member • Posts: 12
No Wait B&H Nikon Z9 Order Yesterday On Their Website, Which I Got Today (Without Pre-order or NPS)

I know this may sound like a Miracle, but I went to B&H Photo's web site yesterday (June 23, 2022) and saw that the Nikon Z9 Body was listed as "In Stock" for immediate sale. I had been checking on Best Buy, Adorama, and B&H for months trying to get a Nikon Z9, but with no success. Everyone was back-ordered for many months. I did not have an existing Z9 pre-order, I am not NPS, and I was not on any waiting list with them. Just a direct Z9 order placed on their website yesterday.

Imagine my surprise when my order was taken yesterday, and I chose Overnight Delivery, and I received my new Nikon Z9 today . My Z9 Serial Number is now up to 30203xx, so almost 20,400 U.S. body's have been sold as of June 23rd  it appears. I did not miss a digit or make a typo, that is my real Serial Number. I had not seen anyone post a  Z9 U.S. Serial Number any where near that high (the Z9 serial number thread is full, so I could not post it over there.)

So was this just a fluke, or is Nikon catching up to Nikon Z9 orders where you can start ordering them from retailers for delivery right away? I called B&H after my order was accepted on their website yesterday, to verify I was indeed going to get a Z9 today, and the rep was very nice, and she could not believe that I had ordered and got fulfilled a Nikon Z9 yesterday off their website. She said they still have a long waiting list for Nikon Z9's and could not explain how they fulfilled my order.

Just my experience. B&H shows Out Of Stock on their website right after my order was processed, so not sure, I am looking forward to discovering how to use my new Z9.

I will post a photo of my Z9 serial number below with the last 2 digits partially blacked out so you can verify how high Nikon Z9 productions seems to be up to now:

Nikon Z9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow