40mm Vs 35mm

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Martin_99 Senior Member • Posts: 3,861
Re: 40mm Vs 35mm

ms18 wrote:

Martin_99 wrote:

but that itching for "proper" focal length could be still there in your brain)

Actually my concern is whether 40mm can handle indoors and group shots in close space. My only question is whether will that be wide enough to use for every situation as i travel mostly with 35mm.

Depends on size of the room and group. I had troubles even with 28mm in such situation. When travel, sometimes is 35mm too wide and sometimes too narrow. It's just one of the compromises. The same with 40mm. It's slightly narrower 35mm...

I have used 50mm in canon APS-C which would be effectively 80mm. And i hated it as it's obviously not wide enough. Then i started using 35mm focal length (23mm on fuji) and i love it.

Just curious will 40mm and 35mm make a big difference.

Not really.

I have seen samples of both focal lengths in internet it seems 40mm is bit narrow and more started to look close to 50mm than it with 35mm in perspective.

Thanks for your comment

Martin_99's gear list:Martin_99's gear list
Sony a6400 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sigma 56mm F1.4 DC DN | C (X-mount) Sony E 70-350mm F4.5-6.3 G OSS +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow