FF body and lens vs APSC body and lens ISO performance

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DocShaka Junior Member • Posts: 39
FF body and lens vs APSC body and lens ISO performance

Hello all.

Im not terribly new to photography but I have a new perspective on the title and subsequently a question I was hoping you all might be able to answer.

I have shot Nikon for years, both FF and cropped but always on FF glass. A year ago I picked up a  Fuji XT4 for something a little easier to travel with and honestly just like the tactility of the Fuji's.

Now I share my cameras with family members so I pretty much never see my Nikon stuff anymore and thought I would see what this xt4 could do for wildlife. I like to shoot birds in flight and landscape. So I picked up the 100-400 f2.8 and the x1.4 TC. I feel like I'm struggling so hard to get the ISO down. I have to shoot in what feels like much much brighter conditions... Like get out to shoot a couple hours earlier/later than I used to.

So basically the question is, if I had identical setups but one ApsC lens/camera, one FF lens/camera and a FF lens/APSC body, how would thier ISOs compare at the same given settings? Significant difference?

I'm just trying to decide if I stick to all Fuji (because the reach for the price is pretty good though AF leaves something to want and I'm guessing it's just not meant for wildlife) or do I stick to Nikon or even consider a switch to Sony?

Probably overcomplicating it but thanks for any info.

doc

Leica X1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow