A-Camera or main camera for band video and photo - with sony fdr x3000's

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Ben John Thomas New Member • Posts: 1
A-Camera or main camera for band video and photo - with sony fdr x3000's

Hi all,

Just joined and looks like a great forum!

I'm looking for a main camera for recording video of my band at weddings & gigs (mostly in poor or lots of coloured light) and as a travel camera for photos.

I currently use 5 Sony FDR x3000's to record my band at gigs, controlled via the Sony Mobile App. A lot of the time I need to setup the camera around an hour before the gig, with no access to the camera during the gig as I'll be playing. I've been activating the cameras between songs so the recording amount is limited.

To complement these I'd like to get a compact camera as the main camera, compact as often they need to attached and secured to whatever I can find out front of the band. Also so it's easy for travel. It will need to be able to be remotely controlled and having remote view would be advantageous in setting it up.

It doesn't need to time-set to the other cameras, the software I use (Cyberlink PowerDirector) can do that for me. Budget wise, Around $1,000 USD would be fine (I'm in Australia).

From web searches I've stumbled across the Sony a6400 with Sigma 16 1.4 lens as a great low light option, but I'm open to suggestions. I would need to control with a separate device as the Sony app seems to be limited to 5 cameras.

Any ideas welcomed!

Thanks,

Ben

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow