Real Estate Photography image rights

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Ryan Steel Regular Member • Posts: 145
Re: Real Estate Photography image rights

Forgive my bluntness, but it sounds like you are only upset because your client did not use you to create the home tour. Instead, your client used someone who charges much more than you do. So?

While I do not know what your contract with your client specifies, I can tell you that most (if not all) RE photography contracts allow the listing agent/broker to use the photos in almost any form as long as it is in the context of marketing and selling the home. It would be ludicrous to expect otherwise.

If your client were to hire an expensive graphics designer to create a magazine advertisement (or advertorial) using your photos, would that also upset you? Are you going to go after the graphics designer and magazine for copyright infringement because they are making more money than you?

How can you be shooting for real estate agents and not know the answer to your own question? Don't you have a contract with your client? What does the contract specify? Are you a famous, recognized photographer who needs to protect their IP? It's just a real estate shoot, my friend. Get off the pedestal.

-- hide signature --

“It’s better to give than to receive. Especially advice.”
– Mark Twain

Ryan Steel's gear list:Ryan Steel's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Sigma 105mm F1.4 DG HSM Art +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow