I have high hopes for OM5 (just starting a discussion...)

Started 4 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Yannis1976
Yannis1976 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,605
I have high hopes for OM5 (just starting a discussion...)

I currently have the EM1.3, EP7 and Fuji XT3 and have used several other brands in the past.

The EM1.3 is a very good camera, but it is missing a bit of the "enjoy" factor I feel when using the Fuji XT3 or the EM5.3 and even EP7. Can't exactly explain it and for sure it doesn't have to do with technical characteristics or features. For me and my personal taste, It is more related with the camera looks, feel and interface.

So, it seems I like more the retro looks of some cameras vs the typical DSLR of the EM1/OM1. Based on that, I personally have high hopes for the OM5 if indeed it proves a more retro looking body (silver/black version), maybe with a bit of more personality (rather than the common DSLR look and style of the OM1), but the great performance of the OM1.

Is anyone else feeling the same?

Yannis1976's gear list:Yannis1976's gear list
Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 16-80mm F4 Fujifilm XF 70-300 F4-5.6 R LM OIS WR
Fujifilm X-T3 Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow