Does the vibration reduction technology affect the photograph?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
enricobbbb New Member • Posts: 17
Does the vibration reduction technology affect the photograph?

​Evaluating the purchase of a lens with a vibration compensation or reduction technology, I would like to understand how this vibration compensation or reduction technology work.

I'd use this lens exclusively freehand and therefore there is no even need to consider the case in which this technology is used inappropriately with the camera on a tripod.

I've already checked with a lens without any reduction vibrations technology on Nikon D850 (perhaps the values ​​change with different cameras and resolutions) that with 1/500 freehand it is possible to obtain a sharp photograph without any (micro) motion blur effect, and that with 1/60 freehand the photograph is almost certainly suffering from some (micro) motion blur effect.

Question: considering the sharpness or the (micro) motion blur as you can see it at 100% enlargement, will the photograph taken at 1/60 freehand with a vibration reduction technology be sharp exactly like the one taken at 1/500 freehand without a technology for reducing vibrations?

Or, in other words, at 100% enlargement the two photographs will be practically indistinguishable, or instead the vibration reduction technology, in addition to eliminating the effect of vibrations, also introduces some kind of alteration, such a change that the photograph is not however exactly identical and indistinguishable from another taken at 1/500 freehand without any vibrations reduction technology?

Thank you,

Enrico

Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow