Domke owners?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Hussar43 Forum Member • Posts: 91
Re: Ditch the pinch!

D Lynch wrote:

I used to talk to Mr Domke on the Tiffen-Domke forum.

He's a gentleman. He made good bags. Minimum weight. Accessible gear. I use all 3 of mine un-hooked so camera and lenses are immediately available. Weather permitting I tuck the flap behind against my leg.

I don't like the way they are marketed. The original bags were my favourites. Recent ones? Too darn costly. And I don't see any advantage. The only way I could choose was to bring all my gear in and stuff it in a bag. If it fit I was closer to making a purchase. My favourite is the F2 in olive green I got for free trading a bag for it. The previous owner took the handle-strap off and I didn't see that. Pain. So I've added paracord straps. It's useful now. And I've taken the loose protection pads out of F2 & F3/X They conform better and are easier to carry now.

I've had PD bags. My PD 5L sling the strap came apart. I caught it on the way to the ground. There's a repair part available; somehow even though my bag was registered they didn't bother to inform me.

Mr Domke made good bags and straps. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if someone changed the hooks out. But the hooks are quiet. Velcro is not....Bags for working photographers.

I do so agree. I bought a Think Tank which is a Velcro fest. Horrible thing and too heavy. It what a focus group thinks a camera bag should be.

Hussar43's gear list:Hussar43's gear list
Ricoh GR II Nikon D750
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow