upgrading from Canon T7i - should I go R7 or R10?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Pphotosweden
Pphotosweden Forum Member • Posts: 83
Re: upgrading from Canon T7i - should I go R7 or R10?

FernB wrote:

hi. Struggling on which camera to go with next. I am an amateur but strive to take those fantastic shots. Other than general photos, I take photos of sports (triathlons) and aurora borealis, some wildlife and landscape photos too.

Price is not a factor. Tempted to go with R7 but will I miss the flash? It will likely be best for sports, but will it still be the best choice for aurora and other night-sky photography?

My T7i lenses are EF mount so I plan to get the EF/RF adapter to use them on the R7/R10. Hope that will work fine.

If you need stabilization and resolution, get an R7. If you do not care, get an R10. Do not hang on to the built-in flash, get an extra flash on the side. Another thing to mention is the type of battery. However, batteries that are compatible with R10 are relatively cheap but create another step to charge several extra batteries. Other differences are the ergonomic ones with the different cut on the R7. Which is better is subjective.

Pphotosweden's gear list:Pphotosweden's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
b m
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow