Advice/help needed.....

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Mr F48 Forum Member • Posts: 87
Re: To: yonny10 - Re: suggestions.....

Marco Nero wrote:

The Sigma 50mm f/1.4 ART lens would likely come close to the EF-M 32mm lens because of the field of view at 51.52mm (when the APS-C crop is taken into account). So the Canon 32mm f/1.4 is acting quite a bit like a 50mm lens in some ways, especially with perceived focal length. So yes, the two might produce very similar results. It would appear that people like this lens but that it may require periodic updating (for Firmware) to remain properly functional and this would require the added purchase of a Sigma USB lens dock. The only thing about it that I'm unhappy with are the common reports of Autofocus inconsistencies with this lens. Reviewer Dustin Abbott even suggested that the size of this lens made it less than ideal for grabbing if out on a trip. But that's probably going to be up to the individual and on the RF camera this may or may not be exasperated.

When stating equivalency (FOV), one must also apply it to the f number. The ef-m lens is an 51.52mm f/2,24 lens. So I wouldn't call the results similar.

From my experience the AF of the 50mm art on the R6 is great. Like any other adapted EF lens that I have tried.

Mr F48's gear list:Mr F48's gear list
Canon EOS R6 Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A Canon RF 24-70mm F2.8L IS USM Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM Canon RF 16mm F2.8 STM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow