Unexplainable colour shift when shooting almost the same scene

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dp62 Regular Member • Posts: 117
Unexplainable colour shift when shooting almost the same scene

I am posting this in the Cyber-shot forum, but I have noticed this happening when shooting the same using my smartphone and even using different camera apps.

It started out when I shot a bunch of flowers that my wife received. I used my smartphone. Overall it was a bit 'blueish'. The oak parquet flooring didn't have this 'warm' oak colour, the leaves of the flowers, weren't green, but blueish green.
I needed to adjust this in a photo editor.
This was the beginning of a long journey of checking and/or changing settings, visiting forums, checking out the best camera apps available, installing them, testing, checking out the whitebalance and so on.
I noticed the same happening using other apps and always needed to adjust the white balance to come a little bit closer to the what I actually saw. That is when comparing what I saw on the display and what I actually saw looking at the parquet flooring, same spot, same angle.

Comes in my Sony DSC RX-100-III. This camera, by default, gets me 'cool coloured' photos, regretfully so. When shooting the parquet flooring though, the photo was quite correct. Warm oak colour, close to what I saw.

That is to say, initially...!
Now I tilted the camera to shoot the parquet flooring closer by and suddenly the colour changed to blueish! Unrealistic.

The same as with the smartphone apps.
When shooting pointing a bit farther away the colour was fine, closer by there was this colour shift.

The below is what I mean.
Q: How come?

Thanks.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow