Lagoon Nebula / M8 / NGC 6523

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mark-vdi Contributing Member • Posts: 597

It was a bit of a mad drive (for a long weekend) 1900km (one way) from the middle of Germany to Spain but the weather in Germany / France at the end of May sort of "forced the decision" ... The reward was a view of the Lagoon Nebula that otherwise for me simply would not be possible.

The image is comprised of H-alpha and S-II narrowband filter data plus some data from a g' photometric filter (400-550nm). The images were registered in AstroPixelProcessor with all further processing to taste (including the dark background) in Photoshop.

Full size image: https://markjamesford.prodibi.com/a/rd6jv5qzrx67079/i/g6gw2vkedkrlyrq

SIGMA fp (monochrome) / SIGMA fp L / Celestron RASA 11" / 10 Micron GM1000 Mount
ca. 2.5 hrs total, ISO 1600, F2.2, 620mm

A young associate of mine was asked if she new what "Sternkrank" meant (literal translation "Star-Sick"), which was the best German translation for Star-Struck that some friends came up with ... The immediate spontaneous reply was "that is what Mark has ..."

Thanks for taking the time,

Mark

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow