Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Vertumnus Contributing Member • Posts: 568
Re: First pictures taken with Sony GM 24-70/2.8 Mk2

Euell wrote:

Vertumnus wrote:

Vertumnus wrote:

Euell wrote:

Vertumnus wrote:

Please read carefully my short text with understanding.I don't care about convincing anyone.Especially the ones who think that the cheaper is the better.My post is directed to a few people on a certain level of experience,who may benefit from that.

Besides,the main difference between me and you with this respect is that I used to have all that crappy,plasticky,decentered,softish here and there Tamrons 17-28/2.8+28-75/2.8+70-180/2.8 with poor colour rendition and have all Sony GM lenses save the 100/2.8.Same with Sigmas DG DN for Sony E ,that are better that Tamrons.So I know what I'm saying.

Snobbery here, I suspect, but ok. I have one very cheapo Tamron that I like, because it is pretty sharp and I don't worry about putting a filter on it or being real careful with it due to its being cheapo. I am looking at some possibilities for full frame zooms, so was interested, although I thought and I think you confirm it, that you are primarily showing off that you managed to snag this lens. Enjoy it.

Why snobbery? Only because I have chosen the most expensive piece of equipment? It is a simplification and a logical fallacy.

I always choose the most suitable tool for the job that fit my expectations and liking best.Yet if one buys new lenses,expectations will always be confronted with reality.That is why I started up with enticing lightest Tamrons,went through pin sharp Sigmas and ended up with fully compatible and best colour rendering Sony G/GM lenses.

And the last question euell.Show me your pictures.I just want to know whether I speak to peer.

A challenge of some sort, eh? Alright, you posted a few snaps above. So, first you post the pics you believe demonstrate your photographic prowess and then I'll post a few. How's that? Now, I know there are much better photographers here than myself and would not claim otherwise. But, I'll go fetch some low rez samples while you get busy with yours. Let the nonsense proceed.

Now I know who you are.An "online expert" knowing nothing about what he is saying about photography.

Not a challenge at all.And not a matter of a few snapshots.I can immediately refer you to sites with tens of thousands of my pictures on line.Pictures being sold for many years.Pictures that you you will never be able to produce.

So shut up, loser.A man only able to speak,but unable to take suitable photographs.

Vertumnus's gear list:Vertumnus's gear list
Sony a6600 Sony a7R IVA Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 +48 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow