Fuji GFX 50R - Ultimate Camera for Vintage Lenses?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Goethe
Goethe Senior Member • Posts: 1,649
Re: Fuji GFX 50R - Ultimate Camera for Vintage Lenses?

matejphoto wrote:

Hello All,

Since the price of used Fuji GFX 50R dropped below $2000, I finally picked one up to see if it could be the ultimate camera for use with vintage 35mm lenses.

I am not planning to use it with the native GF lenses and I am not after ultimate image quality, I am aiming for a film like experience (slower, more deliberate picture taking with manual/tactile control) without shooting film.

I decided to make a 25 part series of Youtube videos on the GFX 50R to answer the question in the title for me:
#1 - Why did I buy the Fuji 50R (intro): https://youtu.be/UXcjn2qfep8
#2 - Adapters (including Viltrox AF adapter) - I will publish this in next few days
The list of videos will be edited in this first post as they become available.

Other upcoming topics:
Fuji GFX 50R + Canon 40mm pancake
Fuji GFX 50R + Carl Zeiss Biotar 58mm
Fuji GFX 50R + 85mm Lomo Petzval
Fuji GFX 50R + Canon 90mm TS-E

I would like this thread to be a long term information resource for people interested in using the GFX 50R with vintage glass.
Please feel free to ask if you have any questions or any ideas for a video.

Thank you,
Matej

I almost did this exact same thing. I think the GFX50R is quite possible the ultimate digital back for vintage lenses.

I especially like that is has a 1:1 square ratio option that just about every 35mm vintage lens will cover. As well having the option for a true 35mm format ratio as well.

As for the size of the camera, it is almost the same as my Lumix S1. Fuji did a great job with that body. Also, all of those sweet film simulations....

-- hide signature --

http://www.photolumiere.net/
Goethe, this is a notification that you have been temporarily banned from dpreview, details of the reason are as follows: Unicorn graffiti in the bathroom

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow