When ambassadors stop being ambassadors... Locked

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Lindsay D Contributing Member • Posts: 689
Re: When ambassadors stop being ambassadors...

Update: I personally know an ex-ambassador that was given pretty much the latest in the equipment of the brand to play with as "indefinite loans."

The only issue I want to highlight is how this makes for an inherent conflict of interest in being more objective with a particular piece of equipment, particularly when you see all these "reviews" coming out on the launch date of a new model, etc. And contrast as example what I showed above, how things change once you are no longer a brand ambassador.

Thanks again.

You're very welcome.

Yes, some ambassadors are handed the latest gear. I haven't heard of ex-ambassadors being given anything though - we often leave under a cloud!

As to the objectivity of it - it will really come down to how long they've already been a user of that brand, and how long they've been an ambassador. If both those boxes are amply ticked then there will be a genuinely high level of objectivity - in so far as the photographer believes in the kit and uses it consistently as intended.

As I alluded in my article, some brands will hand off quite generously to 'influencers' (even those who have no allegiance to the brand, but who have agreed to talk about the kit). There is an unspoken agreement which isn't hard to see.

-- hide signature --

www.lindsaydobsonphotography.com

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Dan
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Dan
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow