Is IQ Stopping you From Consumer Grade RF Primes for Portraiture?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Wing2 Regular Member • Posts: 495
Re: Is IQ Stopping you From Consumer Grade RF Primes for Portraiture?

Interpol wrote:

Wing2 wrote:

Honestly, I believe a great photographer can take a lot better photos than me even if he/she was using a consumer grade lens.

To compensate my lack of skill, I need better equipment such as a better lens and better body especially when taking those once in a life time shots.

There's a limit to what better equipment can do to compensate for a lack of skill, whether it's photography, auto racing, sports, etc.

If the rate limiting step is the user's skill/talent/ability, then it doesn't matter what kind of equipment he/she uses.

My skill is above average, good enough to make reasonably good use of a good lens or camera body but definitely not the best yet.

I do know a few friends who are beginner level photographers with very good photo equipment such as a R5 with L lens. They do occasionally got some good looking pictures just by shooting 100% in P mode. You can say they are just lucky. However, without such good equipment, such lucky shots would never look as good.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow