My dumb question for today

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nail33 Contributing Member • Posts: 974
My dumb question for today

Question: Why did canon change from E3F to N3M?

I did a search on all forums in DPReview and Google with no results.

I bought a remote radio trigger for my Canon 400D many years ago for taking pictures of Hummingbirds, and it worked very well. I've been using my Canon 6D now for about 8 years or so and plan to once again take some Hummingbird pics with my 6D. I will buy a simple E3F to N3M adapter cord (adapter) to make my old remote work on my 6D, so that's not an issue.

I'm just curious as to why the change, as a E3F appears to be nothing more than a typical stereo plug jack that's extremely common, vs a proprietary N3M plug. Also, a E3F looks to be more robust and secure than the N3M, but I can't say for sure at the moment. Is there any advantage to the N3M, or did Canon just do that to force people to upgrade their remotes before adapters were available? It looks to me like a "fix in search of a problem"

Well, that's my dumb question for today......so far. I know I should have asked this many years ago when the change was new. Thanks in advance for any replies.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 400D (EOS Digital Rebel XTi / EOS Kiss Digital X) Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow